Learning Support Assistants (South London)
Salary £16,000 to £18,000 per annum pro rata with potential to increase to £21,000 (Depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
The position will involve:
- Supporting Class teachers to offer a broad-based, appropriate curriculum
- Assisting with the supervision of students outside of classroom activities e.g. meal times and recreation times
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants who have:
- an understanding of/interest in autism
- experience of working with children or vulnerable adults in an education or care setting
- an ability to work as part of a team and to use their initiative to support and implement the Eagle House approach to helping pupils who have a range of needs associated with having autism
- a calm, patient manner and ability to react positively to extreme levels of behaviour
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
Eagle House School (Sutton) is an independent specialist co-educational day school providing secondary year’s education for learners, aged 11 to 19 years with an autism spectrum disorder (including Aspergers syndrome) and associated social and communication difficulties. Many of our learners have complex needs and behaviour associated with their autism.
At Eagle House School (Sutton), we recognise that successful learning is achieved through positive experiences and strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each pupil. At the core of our teaching and learning is the Eagle House Approach, which has been developed specifically for learners with autism and brings together the ‘best of the best’ approaches. This approach is supported by our in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists, which comprises speech & language therapists, occupational therapists, a behaviour support specialist, music therapist and yoga therapist and is led by our clinical psychologist. We are looking for candidates interested in working as part of this dynamic team.
Hours will be Monday to Thursday 8.15am to 4.00pm and Friday 8.15am to 3.30pm, during term time only.
The successful candidate will automatically be enrolled onto our private Health Care Plan.
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you are interested in joining our team and wish to apply for the role please complete an application form found on our website or contact the HR Department on 0208 770 7788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Schools' Business Office
Eagle House Group Ltd
Ground Floor Suite
St Nicolas Way
Schools' Business Office:
020 8770 7788
Eagle House School (Mitcham):
020 8687 7050
Eagle House School (Sutton & POST 16 Department):
020 8661 1419
Eagle House School 6th Form (Strawberry Lodge):
020 3745 8760