Learning & Job Coach / Admin Support
Learning & Job Coach / Admin Support
Post 16 Centre, Strawberry Lodge, Carshalton
Salary: £20,965.64 – £23,169.76 (Dependent on skills/experience)
Term time plus 1 week
Eagle House School is an independent co-educational day provision for students between the ages of 11 and 19, providing secondary and further education for students who have an autistic spectrum disorder. We recognise that successful learning for our students is achieved through positive experiences and we strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
We are looking to appoint a Learning & Job Coach / Admin Support to work throughout the 6th Form Department, supporting the learners to ensure that they receive their entitlement to an appropriate post 16 curriculum which meets their discrete needs and learning styles.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting learners in their chosen college placements and work experience opportunities
- Accompanying learners to college and to work experience, supporting them with travel training and enabling them to improve their personal independence skills
- Supporting learners to obtain GCSE qualifications and or other interim/stepping stone qualifications on the way towards achieving these qualifications
- Responsible as a key worker for up to three learners
- Building relationships with employees of the college or the work experience provider, and supporting them in their understanding of the learners specific needs
- Working with individual learners and groups under the direction and planning of the teachers and Head of 6th Form
- To be Mentor and role model to all learners at all times
- To liaise with colleges and work placements providers at the direction of the Head of 6th Form, providing an excellent administrative service
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Self-motivation and a pro-active approach
- A high level of Maths and English
- A good understanding of ASD
- Previous experience of working with Post 16 students, including knowledge of strategies and teaching approaches specific to young people with high functioning autism.
- Previous experience of providing administrative support, preferably within an educational setting
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and good IT skills
- Full clean UK driving license and own transport (advantageous)
Hours in this role will be 38.5 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30 am – 5.00 pm and Friday 8.30 am – 3.30 pm with a 30 minute lunch break each day. Occasionally, you will be required to work late Fridays with the finishing time 5.00 pm.
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have high expectations of your pupils and want to work within a stimulating and motivating learning environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch. To arrange either an informal discussion or a visit, please contact Irena Graham (HR Officer) on 0208 770 7788.
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8770 7788 or email email@example.com CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: 5.00pm, 18th March 2020
Interview date: TBC
Eagle House School (Mitcham):
020 8687 7050
Eagle House School (Bramley):
01483 912 080
Eagle House School (Sutton & POST 16 Department):
020 8661 1419
Eagle House School 6th Form (Strawberry Lodge):
020 3745 8760
Schools' Business Office:
020 8770 7788
Schools' Business Office
Eagle House Group Ltd
Ground Floor Suite
St Nicolas Way