Learning & Job Coach
Learning & Job Coach
Post 16 Centre, Strawberry Lodge, Carshalton
available from Sep 2020, 1 year fixed-term contract
Salary: £19,000.00 – £21,000.00 (Dependent on skills/experience), term time only
Eagle House School is an independent co-educational day provision for students between the ages of 11 and 19, providing secondary and further education for students who have an autistic spectrum disorder. We recognise that successful learning for our students is achieved through positive experiences and we strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
We are looking to appoint a Learning & Job Coach to work throughout the 6th Form Department, supporting the learners to ensure that they receive their entitlement to an appropriate post 16 curriculum which meets their discrete needs and learning styles.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting learners in their chosen college placements and work experience opportunities
- Supporting learners with travel training and enabling them to improve their personal independence skills
- Supporting learners to obtain GCSE qualifications and/or other interim/stepping stone qualifications on the way towards achieving these qualifications
- Responsible as a key worker for up to three learners
- Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals to meet the social, emotional,
education, health and mental health needs of the learners
- Working with individual learners and groups under the direction and planning of the teachers and Head of 6th Form
- To be Mentor and role model to all learners at all times
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Self-motivation and a pro-active approach
- A high level of Maths and English
- A good understanding of ASD
- A passion for supporting young people to help them manage the barriers presented by their ASD with the focus on successful college attendance and work experience
- Previous experience of working with Post 16 students, including knowledge of strategies and teaching approaches specific to young people with high functioning autism
- Full clean UK driving license and own transport (desirable)
Hours in this role will be 35.75 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8.15 am – 4.00 pm and Friday 8.15 am – 3.30 pm with a 30 minute lunch break each day.
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8770 7788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: 5.00 pm, 18th August 2020 Interview date: W/C 24th August 2020
Eagle House School (Mitcham):
020 8687 7050
Eagle House School (Bramley):
01483 912 080
Eagle House School (Sutton & POST 16 Department):
020 8661 1419
Eagle House School 6th Form (Strawberry Lodge):
020 3745 8760
Schools' Business Office:
020 8770 7788
Schools' Business Office
Eagle House Group Ltd
Ground Floor Suite
St Nicolas Way