Occupational Therapist Band 6 with Paediatric Experience (South London)
Full / part time, Term time plus 4 weeks for 43 weeks per annum
Salary dependant on level and relevant experience
Position to commence as soon as possible
Eagle House Group is an independent co-educational day provision for pupils between the ages of 4 and 19, providing education for pupils who have an autistic spectrum disorder and related conditions including Social, emotional and mental health needs. We have a warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with an enthusiastic and skilled staff team that is highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and enhanced life chances.
We are seeking Band 6 Occupational Therapists (with at least 4 years relevant post graduate experience or a Band 5 that has gained the required experience to progress to a Band 6) wishing to work in a school setting, to join our multi-disciplinary team comprising of speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, art therapy, drama therapy, behavioural specialist and psychology. The role would suit one full time candidate working across two sites or a part time candidate at each school.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist who:
- Is highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible
- Has experience working with children and young people with Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams in school environments
- Is seeking to further develop their skills and knowledge in working with young people with Autism
- Has knowledge of the National Curriculum and statutory requirement of EHCPs
- Must have HPC Registration, be a member of BAOT, hold a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and have Pediatric experience.
- Has experience of providing clinical supervision and in leading on service development projects
- Is qualified up to SI3 or has good knowledge and skills in sensory integration
Main responsibilities will involve:
Group and individual therapy and class-based work
Carrying out assessments where required
Delivering in-service training where required
Strong MDT approach
Working with a creative, enthusiastic, supportive and caring team of staff
Supportive in-house Curriculum Access Team
Supervision can be provided
Our private Health Care Plan
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have high expectations of your pupils and want to work within a stimulating and motivating learning environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact the Alice Greaves on 0208 770 7788.
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 0208 770 7788 or email – Alice.Greaves@eaglehousegroup.co.uk CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: Friday, 31ST July 2020
Interview date: TBC
Eagle House School (Group)
Primary Provision for Young People with an
Autism Spectrum Disorder & Aspergers Syndrome
Eagle House School (Mitcham):
020 8687 7050
Eagle House School (Bramley):
01483 912 080
Eagle House School (Sutton & POST 16 Department):
020 8661 1419
Eagle House School 6th Form (Strawberry Lodge):
020 3745 8760
Schools' Business Office:
020 8770 7788
Schools' Business Office
Eagle House Group Ltd
Ground Floor Suite
St Nicolas Way