Speech & Language Therapist
Full-time position (Part-time may be considered)
Band 6 or Band 5 (Salary dependent on position and experience)
Term time only plus 2 weeks per annum
We are now in a position to recruit a full-time Speech and Language Therapist for a Band 5 or 6 role at Mitcham School to work with our cohort of pupils between 4 to 11 years, who have an autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s syndrome and associated social & communication difficulties.
The successful candidate will join our multi-disciplinary team of professionals, including speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, behaviour support specialists and assistant psychologists. You will be required to work on a full time basis (8.15am to 4.15pm, 5 days a week) plus two weeks during the school holidays. The successful applicate will be expected to work term time hours and 2 weeks in the school holidays. Supervision and opportunities for CPD will be provided and based on annual appraisal reviews.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Assessment and intervention planning
- Group and individual therapy as required
- Working within classes and providing consultative support as part of the multi-disciplinary team
- Development and implementation of training for staff and other professionals
- Curriculum development
- Report writing and record keeping
We are looking for a Speech & Language Therapist who:
- Is highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible
- Has relevant experience of working with young people with special needs, including autism and Asperger’s syndrome is desirable
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Is RCSLT and HCPC registered
The successful candidate will need to hold a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
The successful candidate will automatically be enrolled onto our private Health Care Plan.
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To request an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 0208 770 7788 or email Geeta.email@example.com.
CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: TBC
Interview date: TBC
Schools' Business Office
Eagle House Group Ltd
Ground Floor Suite
St Nicolas Way
Schools' Business Office:
020 8770 7788
Eagle House School (Mitcham):
020 8687 7050
Eagle House School (Sutton & POST 16 Department):
020 8661 1419
Eagle House School 6th Form (Strawberry Lodge):
020 3745 8760