Job Vacancies Eagle House School (Mitcham) – Primary
Specialist Primary Autism Teacher (South London)
£30-£41k inc. SEN allowance (UPS and Relocation package considered for suitable candidates.)
Position to commence September 2018 – or sooner if available
Due to the rising numbers of parents seeking to place their children at our school we need high quality teachers to meet this demand in our popular and rapidly growing school.
If you are:
- A good / outstanding special needs teacher with QTS
- Energetic, enthusiastic and hard working
- Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
- Conscientious and innovative
- Able to use your knowledge and skills to provide the best possible education for learners
- Committed to working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Confident in dealing with children who may sometimes display challenging behaviours
Then you are the person we are looking for!
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a highly specialist, supportive environment
- Pro-active managers, supported by an outstanding team of ambitious and dedicated leaders and directors
- An outstanding (Ofsted 2017) approach to supporting and managing behaviour
- A curriculum based on the National Curriculum developed specifically to meet the teaching and learning needs of children with autism with the ‘Eagle House Approach’ at its centre
- A whole school drive towards ‘Outstanding’ which is supported by rigorous monitoring and quality assurance systems
- Wonderful pupils with a highly positive and ambitious attitude to learning and to life
- An in-house Curriculum Access Team of highly specialised therapists who facilitate a holistic approach to meeting the global needs of all pupils
- A commitment to individualised, specialised and collective continued professional development for all staff
- A personalised, motivating, rewarding and purposeful school day for every pupil
- Positive and supportive working relationships with parents and other stakeholders
- A creative, enthusiastic, supportive and caring team of staff
If successful, you will be responsible for teaching a class of 4 to 6 pupils assisted by a minimum of 3 Learning Support Assistants LSAs). Your responsibilities will include line managing your LSAs, planning schemes of work with your teaching colleagues, setting PDP (IEP) targets, delivering high quality lessons and assessing pupils’ achievement and progress.
Additional Benefits include:
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care Plan
- Access to our childcare voucher scheme
- Opportunities for CPD
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have high expectations of your pupils and want to work within a stimulating and motivating learning environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch. To arrange either an informal discussion with Katherine Walker (Head of Education) or one of our Deputy Heads, or to arrange a visit, please contact Geeta Makwana on 0208 770 7788.
For an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8770 7788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: TBC
Interview date: TBC